We respect the privacy rights of individuals and are committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the Australian privacy laws. This policy details how we collect, store, use and disclose personal information.
COLLECTION AND STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DATA
We collect some personal information about individuals. The personal information we collect from you could include your name, email, telephone or address contact details, birth date, image/photographs of you, driver’s licence information, details of your employer, preferences and requirements, and credit and payment related information. In most circumstances we do not collect “sensitive information”. The purpose for which we collect your confidential information is to provide you with the best service experience possible on our website. However, if you do not provide us with certain types of your confidential information, you may be unable to enjoy the full functionality of our website.
We may use your confidential information to grant you access to our website, or in delivering to you any product or service we offer through our website.
We may also use your confidential information to provide you with information about offers, promotions, goods or services, which we believe may be of interest to you.
We collect personal information in circumstances including the following:
• when as a customer you have come to us for a loan.
• when you telephone us or visit our website and provide feedback, or you make an enquiry to which a later response is requested and to do so requires your contact details;
• through written correspondence from you, including letters and emails;
• when you ask to be included on marketing distribution lists, sign up to our website or interact with us on social media;
• when you otherwise register for or subscribe to one of our online services;
• when as a supplier, your contact and other details are provided; and
• when we receive applications for employment and when evaluating job applicants and personnel, which may include collection of details such as employment history and educational qualifications.
We may use ‘cookies’ to collect data (typically not personal information) relating to your general internet usage. This data may include IP-addresses, browser versions, number of visits and similar such data relating to your navigation of the internet and our site. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer or device’s hard drive. Cookies help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more tailored service, for instance by storing information about your preferences and allowing us to recognise you when you return to our site.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating settings on your internet browser. However, please note that if you select such settings, you may be unable to access certain parts of our website. We hold personal information in secure databases, and, to some extent, for marketing purposes in the database of our marketing consultancy partners (subject to obligations regarding privacy and confidentiality) to conduct electronic direct marketing, in accordance with legislative requirements.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the personal information collected from you for the purpose it was provided or collected, including in the following ways:
1) For the purposes of collection described above;
2) To manage our relationship with you and perform our obligations under the agreement you conclude with us when purchasing goods and provide you with tailored customer service and assistance;
3) To respond to enquiries received from you;
4) To process, confirm, fulfil and update you and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
5) To perform authorised financial transactions with you;
6) To communicate with you and provide you with information (whether by email, post or other means) about our services, where you have requested or consented to receiving this from us or where this provision is otherwise permitted at law;
7) To notify you about changes to our provision of services;
(a) To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so;
(b) To enable third party marketing agencies and providers to advertise our services to you where we have your express or implied consent to do so;
8) To tailor specific offerings and marketing communications to you, based on your preferences;
9) To facilitate your participation in surveys we (or a third party on our behalf) run where you volunteer that personal information;
11) To receive and address and possibly publicise complaints or feedback from you;
12) To protect our legal interests and fulfil our regulatory obligations (if and to the extent necessary), including without limitation, for the purpose of contact tracing; and
13) in other circumstances, with your prior consent.
We may use personal information for the purposes of marketing our services but only where such use complies with applicable legislation.
We may utilise personal information in our records to enable us to create “lookalike campaigns”, through our site, through social media or other communication means. These campaigns enable us to reach prospective new customers who may be interested in our services as they have similar interests or profiles to you. When this occurs, no personal information of yours is shared in a way that can be accessed by any person to identify you – the information is encrypted.
All customers and others with whom we interact have the option to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us. If you do not wish to continue to receive electronic marketing communications from us and/or selected third parties you should opt-out by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any email communications that we might send you, or by sending an email to email@example.com.
We may also provide personal information to third parties outside our group companies for limited purposes, such as to help us in providing services to customers. Those persons and business may include:
• Organisations who carry out fraud and other security checks and credit reporting bodies, as described below;
• Third party software providers who store details of customer accounts for us or who provide other IT services;
• Our professional advisors, subject to confidentiality;
• Our marketing consultancy partners and software platform providers engaged by us to disseminate materials to which recipients have consented (including through managing our database).
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties outside our group of companies:
• Where we have your permission to do so;
• Where it can reasonably be inferred from the circumstances that you consent to the disclosure to the third parties;
• If all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information which we hold about our customers may be one of the transferred assets (subject to the same constraints on use and disclosure as under this policy); and
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our personnel or customers .
This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We limit the information we provide to third parties to the information they need to help us provide or facilitate the provision of goods and services to you. We deal with third parties that are required to meet the privacy standards required by law in handling your personal information, and use your personal information only for the purposes that we gave it to them.
STORAGE AND SECURITY
AMENDMENTS TO THIS POLICY
Additional information on the Privacy Act and Australian Privacy Principles is available at: http://www.oaic.gov.au
PRIVACY CONTACT DETAILS
If you have any questions or issues relating to your privacy or would like to access or correct your personal information, please contact us at: ACMFinance Level 9, 488 Bourke St VIC 3000 firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By allowing you to access the Website, ACMFinance and related companies grants to you a license on the terms below. Your use of, or access to this website is conditional upon your acceptance and compliance with these terms and conditions. By continuing to use, or access this Website, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Please do not use this Website if you do not agree to these terms and conditions. Since you are bound by these terms and conditions, you should periodically refer to them.
While using the Website, it is a condition of use that you agree not to interfere with, or attempt to interfere, with the proper working of the Website or any transaction being conducted on the website, or to gain unauthorised access to any part of the Website.
Any part of our website which contains or provides any information or content in respect of any financial product or services shall not be construed or implied as having any application to any financial product or service.
Nothing in our website shall be construed or implied to be an offer of finance, credit and any such transactions are subject to our formal review, approval, documentation and acceptance.
At all times, lending criteria, fees and any other finance or credit conditions are subject to our discretion.
All information provided in our website is general information only and shall not be construed or implied to be legal or financial advice. You should obtain and rely on your own legal and financial advice in relation to any finance or credit transaction.
(1) This Site and the information and facilities contained herein must not be used in any manner that infringes ACMFinance.com and related companies’ rights. Users must not:
(a) data mine or conduct automated searches on the Site or the Content on the Site, whether through the use of additional software or otherwise;
(b) frame or mirror the Site;
(c) tamper with, hinder the operation of, or make unauthorised modifications to the Site or any of its Content;
(d) transmit any virus, worm or other disabling feature to or via the Site;
(e) access, monitor or copy any Content of the Site using any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose;
(f) abuse, defame, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate ACMFinance.com rights or another User’s legal rights;
(g) advertise or offer to conduct or forward surveys, contests, or chain letters from the Site or the domain;
(h) delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded by a User;
(i) use the Site to send commercial, unsolicited or bulk electronic messages to anyone or in any other way which would constitute an infringement of the Spam Act 2003 (Cth);
Limitation of Liability
Users access the Site at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of their jurisdiction in addition to those contained in these Terms and Conditions.
ACMFinance.com makes the site available for users to use, however it does not assume a duty of care to users.
ACMFinance.com makes no representation and provides no warranty regarding the quality, accuracy, completeness, merchantability or fit for purpose of the Content on the Site.
If relying on the content, users must make their own investigations to ensure its accuracy before relying on the content.
Disclaimer of warranties
Users expressly acknowledge and agree that, to the maximum extent permitted by law:
their use of the site is at their sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis;
ACMFinance.com and its related companies and its officers, employees, agents, expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement; ACMFinance.com makes no warranty that: the content will meet users requirements; the information contained in the content is accurate or reliable; the content will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free; any errors will be corrected; any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the cite is accessed at users own discretion and risk, and users will be solely responsible for any damage to their computer or loss of data that results from the download of the content; and no advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by users from ACMFinance.com or through or from the content creates any warranty not expressly stated herein.
ACMFinance.com may change the Terms and Conditions at its discretion by providing notice on the Site. The version of the Terms and Conditions that applies to users will be available on the site each time a user visits the site.
By using the site, users indemnify ACMFinance.com and its respective companies, officers, employees, subsidiaries and agents against any claim or proceeding that is made, threatened or commenced, and any liability, loss, damage or expense (including reasonable legal costs on a full indemnity basis) that ACMFinance.com may incur or suffer as a direct or indirect result of:
If Users do not act in relation to a particular breach by users of these Terms and Conditions, this will not be treated as a waiver of ACMFinance.com right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
A breach of these Terms and Conditions of use; an actual or alleged breach by you of any law, legislation, regulation, by-law or code of conduct caused by data uploaded or downloaded from our site; and/or any claims brought by or on behalf of any third party relating to any act or omission by you, including breach of a third parties copyright or trademark.
Input your search keywords and press Enter.